The Hotel Grand Pacific is looking for an exceptional Sales Manager to join our fantastic team.
Located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, the Hotel Grand Pacific is a luxurious hotel perched on Victoria's famous inner harbour.
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Manager. Under the guidance of our Director of Sales & Marketing, this opportunity will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that lead to new business development, account acquisition and lead generation.
- Business development of new accounts and account management of existing accounts.
- Create and implement market specific strategies that are in alignment with our annual Business Plan & Hotel Budget.
- Develop strong client and guest relationships; through prompt response times, superior attention to detail, and the ability to manage frequently changing client needs.
- Practice thorough account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., understanding budget requirements, past history, date flexibility, space requirements, guest room to meeting space ratios, competitive information, etc.).
- Achieve revenue goals of respective markets;
- Achieve targets for prospecting and provide weekly reports for bookings and activities;
- Responsible for creating all proposals and contracts for clients
- Conduct site inspections of hotel and meet clients, sometimes outside of regular office hours;
- Plan all sales activities as outlined in annual plan, including making appointments with clients and booking all travel arrangements.
- Travel outside of Victoria for sales calls, tradeshows, conferences relating to the respective markets as outlined in the Sales Activity Plan;
- Additional duties as required.
- The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven sales professional that has the ability to build strong relationships, and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
- Have strong awareness of all products sold at the hotel including guestrooms, meeting space, food & beverage outlets and The Victoria Athletic Club
- Have strong awareness of other hotels in competitive set.
- Have a minimum of two years experience in hotel sales, high-end property experience preferred.
- Effective and professional communicator, both verbal and written.
- Independent worker, and effectively manage own time schedule.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the destination preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license required.