Located in Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the Hotel Grand Pacific is now recruiting for a Room Checker. As a member of the Housekeeping team, you will play an important role in helping our independent hotel achieve its mission to provide a superior level of service to our guests.
If you have a background in housekeeping and are looking for a supervisory position, consider joining our friendly team where everyone is welcome.
Description of Duties:
- Ensure Room Attendants complete their room assignment on time
- Check guest room cleanliness and ensure the finished guest room product meets or exceeds accepted standards
- Open or close the housekeeping office in the absence of the Assistant or Executive Housekeeper
- Assist managers in the direction of workload
- Monitor the performance level of Room Attendants, Night Cleaners and Housepersons
- Assist with time sheet reporting & shift scheduling when needed
- Responsible for Lost & Found administration, security and control
Required Qualifications & Abilities:
- At least 3 years of previous Housekeeping experience in a luxury property
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Previous experience directing and supervising others
- Demonstrated coaching skills and able to provide constructive criticism
- Proven ability to work well independently
- Working knowledge of Opera PMS is preferred
- College degree in Hospitality Management an asset
- Available to work more than 30 hours per week, including weekends
Why Choose Us?
- Professional and supportive work environment with a high regard for employee safety
- Discounted employee parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Excellent employee meal program
- Food discounts in both our Café and Pacific Restaurant
- Friends and family hotel rate (Employee rate also available at other Preferred Hotels)
- Other industry discounts
- Excellent extended benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program. A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program available when eligible)
- Employee recognition & referral program
- Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
- We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
*We thank applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada.*