The Hotel Grand Pacific is committed to environmental stewardship in all aspects of business. The property’s environmental practices involve management, employees, guests and the public, and have shown substantial and measurable results. The hotel is committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment for future generations.
- Earn $5.00 just for staying with us! We give you the option to decline your daily housekeeping service and in exchange, receive a $5 Food and Beverage voucher, as well as the peace of mind that you're doing your part to help lower our carbon footprint.
- First full-service hotel in Victoria to receive a rating of “Four Green Keys” by the Hotel Association of Canada’s Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
- First hotel in Victoria to install eight solar panels on its roof as part of a thermal water-heating system.
- Supporting eco-friendly drivers, the hotel offers guests access to a single 90 Amp Sun Country Electric Vehicle Charging Station in the underground parking at no charge. Regular parking fees apply.
- Integrated composting system of organic waste through Progressive Waste Solutions. For more information visit www.progressivewaste.com.
- In an effort to reduce water consumption, the ice-machines on guest-room floors are air-cooled.
Our Guest Rooms
- Hotel staff use non-toxic chemicals for cleaning where possible, and all of the property’s 304 rooms feature energy efficient lighting, low-flow toilets, low-flow showerheads and aerators on taps.
- Guests are encouraged to participate in the hotel’s efforts by using towels and bed linens for more than one day, and to turn off the air-conditioning and open the balcony door instead for fresh, cooling air during the summer.
- All bath amenities are cruelty-free and biodegradable.
- The hotel’s “smart rooms” automatically adjust temperatures and electricity use, and maintain high security with features such as real-time remote room access information.
- Hotel staff recycle paper, cardboard, glass, cans and plastics, and “blue boxes” are placed in all guest rooms to encourage guest participation in program.
- Used toners and printer cartridges are recycled from offices and the Business Centre.
- Landfill Diversion uses our leftover soap to make laundry detergent that is then sold in local grocery stores.
- Warm air from the pool area at the on-site Victoria Athletic Club is reclaimed and used to pre-warm the hotel’s hot water, reducing the amount of energy required to heat water used at the property.
- All landscaping at the hotel is organic with a completely natural integrated pest management system in place.
- The energy management system enhances guest security and decreases energy use and operating costs using infrared technology.