A proud member of the Preferred Hotels and Resorts collection, Hotel Grand Pacific has a position available for a Banquet Manager. Located on Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, our independent hotel with its seven meeting rooms and two ballrooms offers a superior setting for hosting a variety of functions.
We’re seeking a highly organized and hands-on leader who will coach and inspire our Banquets team to create exceptional experiences for our guests. The chosen candidate will also oversee the staffing and operations of our popular Courtyard Café.
If food & beverage is your passion and you’re seeking your next leadership opportunity, it’s a great time to join us we prepare for an exciting season of functions!
This is a full-time position that requires open availability.
Description of Duties:
- Oversee Banquet and Café functions to ensure quality of service and maintain exceptional guest satisfaction
- Direct serving staff on set up and service, and assist with service as required
- Participate in the screening and hiring of Banquet and Cafe staff
- Manage the staff schedule within Collective Agreement guidelines
- Conduct staff training, performance monitoring, and corrective coaching
- Ensure payroll is submitted in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct monthly inventory and administrative procedures as required
- Other support to Food & Beverage operations as required
Qualifications & Abilities:
- 7 years of experience in Banquet or full-service food service operations
- At least 3 years’ recent supervisory or management experience in Banquets
- Proven experience effectively training, coaching, and supervising teams
- Extensive knowledge of food, beverage & wines
- Hands-on leadership style
- Able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other departments
- Able to work flexible schedules including weekends and evenings
- Advanced understanding of Squirrel POS
- Serving It Right and Food Safe Certificates required
- Experience in a unionized property an asset
Why Choose Us?
- Complimentary onsite parking
- Excellent extended health benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program, plus an RRSP Matching program when eligible)
- Excellent employee meal program
- Discounted gym membership
- Food discounts in our Pacific Restaurant
- Friends and family hotel rate
- Employee discount available at other Preferred Hotels
- Other industry discounts
- Employee recognition & referral program
- Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
- We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
*We thank applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada.*