Athletic Club Attendant
The Hotel Grand Pacific’s Athletic Club is no ordinary hotel gym! The Victoria Athletic club is primarily a private membership facility and is popular among locals and hotel guests. With a 25 meter lap pool, fitness studio, weight room, cardio and even a squash court it’s not only a great facility for our members but it’s also has a unique and friendly community environment to work.
As a Desk Attendant in our Victoria Athletic Club, you will provide safe supervision and guidance while providing information regarding the club’s services and amenities.
- Competitive hourly rate of $16.32 - $20.37 per hour plus commission program
- This is a regular, permanent position with approximately two to three shifts per week. (15-29 hours per week)
- Must be able to work during the hours of 6am – 10:15pm
- We are open for business 7 days a week, 365 days of the year and as such; we are looking for people who have schedule flexibility and are able to work holidays and weekends.
- Greet all guests with warmth and sincerity, registering both club members and hotel guests
- Ensure the highest quality of guest service when answering questions and inquiries on the telephone and in person, about fitness, equipment, the facility and memberships
- Provide safe supervision of the club, ensuring patrons use the facility and equipment in a safe manner
- Update and sell memberships, training sessions and pro-shop items
- Effectively communicate with other departments within the hotel to ensure the club operations are smooth
- Follow accounting procedures with accuracy, (processing payments & deposits, cashiering and float balancing).
- Protect customer privacy and security by following standard operating policies and procedures
- Ensure work areas and equipment are well maintained, clean and in safe working order for members, guests and employees
- Level 1 First Aid and Basic CPR is required
- Previous work experience in retail and/or similar customer service role
- Knowledge and experience in the fitness industry
- Proficient in English and possess the ability to speak confidently and professionally
- Proven accounting skills (cash handling transactions)
- Proven ability to resolve problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Fitness Theory
- Experience in using some computer software programs (Outlook, Jonas Fitness)
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted employee parking
- Excellent employee meal program
- Food discounts in both our Café and Pacific Restaurant
- Friends and family hotel rate (Employee rate also available at other Preferred Hotels)
- Other industry discounts
- Excellent extended benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program. A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program available when eligible)
- Employee recognition & referral program
- Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
Due to the volume of applications received, only those short-listed will be contacted by email or telephone. We do appreciate your consideration to make the Hotel Grand Pacific your next employer.