Accounting and Payroll Administrator
Develop your accounting career with Hotel Grand Pacific! An independent luxury property, we’re seeking a Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the chosen candidate will be responsible for administering payroll for over 150 employees and handling A/P functions. If you’re looking for a professional work environment with great perks and supportive colleagues, we encourage you to apply.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5pm. Some weekend work may occasionally be required.
Description of Duties:
- Administer an accurate and confidential bi-weekly payroll
- Balance and disperse all gratuities, allowances, and commissions for hotel depts.
- Prepare manual cheques and manual ROE’s when required
- Answer any questions or concerns that staff may have regarding their pay cheques
- Produce payroll-associated reports in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized system of invoices payable and invoices paid
- Check and enter invoices into the accounting system and book them to the proper G/L accounts
- Prepare payments and reconcile credit card payments in a timely fashion
- Resolve issues or discrepancies with invoices, commissions, or payments
- Ensure that the monthly accounts payable listing is complete and up-to-date
Qualifications & Abilities:
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Finance, Business or Commerce with an accounting component
- Payroll Compliance Legislation course or Basic Payroll Level 1, OR 2 years of demonstrated payroll experience in lieu.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll products and ACCPAC accounting system an asset
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative on tasks
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
Why Choose Us?
- Base salary and excellent extended health benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program.)
- RRSP Matching program available when eligible
- Complimentary onsite parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Excellent employee meal program
- Food discounts in both our Café and Pacific Restaurant
- Friends and family hotel rate
- Employee discount also available at other Preferred Hotels
- Other industry discounts
- Employee recognition & referral program
- Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party
- We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team.
*We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work in Canada*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (preferred)
- Accounts payable: 2 years (preferred)
- Payroll Compliance Legislation (preferred)