The Director of Operations
Description of Duties:
The exceptional candidate will possess a successful and proven track record and experience in a large, luxury Hotel as a Director of Hotel Operations.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the strategic direction and effective operational management of Rooms and Food & Beverage Divisions.
- Lead, Motivate, Inspire and Mentor their team through responsible, thoughtful leadership.
- Create exceptional Guest experiences and satisfaction by championing service standards.
- Optimize Revenue generation and ensure fiscal responsibility through cost controls.
- Create and implement labour and operational budgets for Rooms and Food & Beverage Divisions.
- Provided detailed financial analysis of business results.
- Achieve results through the use of strategic planning, goal setting and effective monitoring of metrics.
- Provide and promote innovation through all levels of the organization, always striving for continual improvement.
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to set own goals in support of the business.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner through use of critical thinking.
- Service orientation with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and within the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and has the flexibility to meet changing needs.
- A minimum of 8 years Leadership experience required in a luxury hotel environment.
- 5 years of experience as a Director of Food & Beverage for a property with multiple outlets and banquet facilities.
- In depth knowledge of Revenue Management.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment.
- Ability to achieve work/ life balance.
- University or College degree in Hospitality Management an asset.